This was the mess made just from setting it up. Is there a vacuum out there that this won't clog? Add water to the mix, and it is just gross.

We didn't realize that the tree we chose had a very crooked trunk, which not only made the leaning problem more difficult, but shifted the weight of tree in such a way that we needed to weight it down with the heaviest object we have available- my ancient sewing machine! This is not the first time it has been used for such a purpose.
We didn't realize that the tree we chose had a very crooked trunk, which not only made the leaning problem more difficult, but shifted the weight of tree in such a way that we needed to weight it down with the heaviest object we have available- my ancient sewing machine! This is not the first time it has been used for such a purpose.
I love real Christmas trees, I really do. They are beautiful, they smell nice, and there is a certain romance to them. If I had a maid, I would probably get them every year. However, I am still the maid around here, and so this is definitely our last year with real one. The day after Christmas, we are going to hit the Christmas clearence and hopefully find a nice, pre-lit plastic beauty that will just need to be pulled out of a box next year instead of being strapped to the top of our mini van.
So, new poll - do you use a real tree or a fake one, and why?