When we used to live on the other side of Charlotte, our favorite place to eat was Panda's Den. You can tell that it is a local favorite because it is always full when you walk in. BUT you never have to wait for a seat, and you never have to wait long for your food. The waiters speed walk through each of their tasks. Honestly. Also, when you order a soda, when you need a refill, they bring out a two liter bottle and fill your cup up. Have you ever seen that at a restaurant before? I haven't. I don't know why, but it kind of tickles me. Makes it our special, quirky local diner. Or made it. Before we moved across the city :o(
The kids and I were on our old stomping grounds last Friday so we treated ourselves to lunch there. I wouldn't normally take the three kids out to a sit-down restaurant by myself, but I knew it would be fast enough and the owners are very nice. We got two orders of their sesame chicken lunch special, (at $4.95 each) and had enough delicious food left over to take home to Chad. Oh, and I timed how long it took from when we ordered until when we got our food, and it was three minutes! I am sure they just continually make the sesame chicken because if you look around, that is what everyone there is eating! I really miss this place!