Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Mom’s Birthday

IMGP3184-2

Yesterday was my mom’s birthday.   I wanted to do something different for her party – something that would be more about her and less about the rest of us sitting around talking.  I wanted to us be able to show her how we feel about her without using too many words.  I decided to steal an idea from my cousin Olivia and have a gallery opening party.  I gave all of my family members here in Charlotte a canvas and asked them to create a piece of art for/about my mom.  Everyone brought appetizers, and the oldest boys were waiters, serving the food for our gallery opening on trays. 

IMGP3174-2

IMGP3180-2

IMGP3182-2

     IMGP3224-2IMGP3226-2IMGP3232-2

I think my mom had a good day, and I was so glad that we were able to show her we love her.  If you know my family, you know that dressing up fancy and creating art isn’t necessarily our “thing,”  but everyone was a really good sport, and I was glad that everyone threw their heart into it. 

On a side note, it was bound to happen someday right….with boys coming out of our ears?  A broken window.  The good news was, it was really a pretty innocent accident and no one got hurt (by the glass or by my angerWinking smile

IMGP3219-2

Happy Birthday Mom!  Thanks for putting up with us all these years.

For posts about my mom, click here.