Sunday, September 27, 2020

This weekend

Chad and I went to Lowe's to look for a cabinet to install in our downstairs nook.  Right now there is just the fridge and microwave, and we want to have in a built-in cupboard and counter top. We didn't find what we wanted, but we did buy grass seed and soil to cover up the pool area. Chad spent a lot of time doing that while Carina and I worked on outdoor Halloween decorations.  Then I transplanted some impatiens that were running out of room, tied up some dahlias, and pulled some weeds. We have mums in pots and green grass. I love fall. 

Elysée has struggled the last couple of days. Her food anxiety seems to have roared back to life, bringing with it mumbling and clipped arguments about everything. This evening during dinner Gabe said that grass is green, and she shot back, "Not always." Everyone laughed because they knew he had said it just to see if she would argue. Before bed, I hugged her and told her I would do anything I could to help her - that I love her and I know tomorrow will be better. I know she's dealing with old trauma. We ALL have our moments- even those of us who haven't been through so much. 

Here's to better a good day tomorrow- Oliver is the only one with school!



Also, the boys went to church before us to prepare the sacrament (for our once-a-month-socially-distanced meeting). When we got there, Colin was sitting with the Jeppsons. I kept glancing over at him to make sure he wasn't on his phone. I did this a half dozen times, impressed every time that he wasn't. Then I remembered he doesn't have his phone! Wah. Poor Colin. He had to sent it to Apple and they charged him $570 to fix a problem they caused and I think it craziness but at least Colin has been working almost 40 hours a week and could pay for it. He is such a hard worker! He also took the SAT yesterday and felt like he did well. I'm excited to see what his future holds! I have faith that he'll learn the things he needs to learn.