Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I find that if I am feeling a little blah.....

....I usually don't blog much. Mainly because I am worried that I will say something that will seem melodramatic and embarrassing later.

Yes, I haven't been blogging much lately, which means that yes, I have been somewhat blah. The main reason:

The economy.


So cliche, huh?

All my life I've never been too worried with economy talk. It has never really affected me before, so I guess I didn't get it.

But house prices have dropped dramatically in our neighborhood in the past month. Despite that, sales have stalled. Lenders are asking for at least 10% down, which, let's face it, most people just aren't prepared for.

Which means it isn't an ideal time to be selling a house.

People come and see it and LOVE it, and some even want to buy it and just can't get the lending right now.

And knowing how this is affecting us makes me think a lot more about how much worse it is for a lot of other people out there right now, which makes me feel depressed and very fortunate at the same time.

So yeah, that makes me feel blah when I think about it, but here are ten other things that make me feel not-blah-at-all:

1. We have a renter lined up for the house, which means it will now be making us (instead of costing us) money every month.

2. Last night after a FHE lesson from Colin, we did Family Movie Night, and for once it was actually successful (Colin usually gives in to his high-energy fidgets 20 minutes in and finds something else to do). Gabe was adorable and wore his ninja hat and held his Kung Fu Panda sword the whole time. It was just pure FUN.

3. Colin and Chad are off for the week after today.

4. My baby gets cuter every day.

5. I finished ordering my Christmas cards yesterday and I am really happy with them.

6. I get to put my Christmas tree up this weekend.

7. My kids, husband, and I are all healthy.

8. My husband, who works for a bank, has not lost his job and we are well taken care of because of it.

9. I got to have all the Charlotte family over on Sunday and we had such a good time. I am so lucky to live near them!

10. Being worried always makes me pray more, which brings the spirit into my life more, and leads me to make decisions, large and small, that impact my life in very positive ways.