Colin made this pyramid yesterday, took a picture of it, and told me I should put it on my blog.
When we were asked to bring a dessert to the ward party last Christmas, I went all out with a homemade chocolate-caramel cheesecake. Let me tell you, it was rich, creamy, and CHEESECAKE. Need I say more? Well, we ended up taking more than half of it home. I can't really complain, because, hey, we got to eat it, but, well, I am going to complain anyway - HOW COULD YOU PASS THAT UP, PEOPLE?
So, you know what I have learned since then? People at potlucks love cupcakes. Especially straight-from-a-box cupcakes with straight-from-the-can-frosting with sprinkles on top. You bring those suckers and they are gone before any other dessert. I think this is because:
#1. Kids love them.
and
#2. When you are standing in line with the weird choir director breathing on your neck and bumping your elbow, sometimes you don't want to take the time to dish up a more complicated dessert so you just grab a cupcake and run to your table before someone else claims your spot.
And they are just yummy, right? I think my sister Ashley figured this out long before I did.