Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'll have a blue Christmas without you

Gabe decided last week, out of the blue, that his favorite color was blue. The very next day, we received some presents in the mail from Chad's parents. The only two presents that were wrapped in blue paper happened to be for Chad and me. Gabe has been insisting, with many tears, that those two little presents are his, and has been disowning all others. I am fine with him opening them up, but I don't think he will be much interested in whatever happens to be inside.

As sugar-plum fairies danced in his head last night, his mommy tied blue ribbons on all of the packages that belong to him. Do you think he will go for it? We shall see.

And yes, Mommies are allowed to indulge their children in their silly preferences and fits for Christmas. It's a rule. Look it up.