Every night I bring my laptop into the boys’ room, turn out the lights, and let them take turns choosing a song to listen to on YouTube before it is time to sleep. Lately Colin has been fond of
Hourglass by Mindy Gledhill, which I also love. As a mom of three boys, it is not hard to lay there in the dark with my chubby cheeked boys and get a little nostalgic about the time that is slipping past. One night after the song ended, Gabe told me that the song made him kind of sad. I thought maybe growing up was feeling a little bittersweet for him.
Then on Sunday, he made a card for Carina that shed a little more light on the situation.
I hope you do not grow up way to fast. because then you wont be cute any more.
A line taken directly from the song. I guess parents aren’t the only ones who feel that way about their little babies.