Friday, January 31, 2025

Right now

 I am home alone.

Chad is on his way to our rental property in North Myrtle Beach. It's a warm weekend, so they are getting away for fun and a little bit of work that needs to be done on the house.

Colin (who doesn't live here, of course) is getting ready to host a regional mock trial competition at UNC Charlotte. He is the club president and in charge of the whole thing, so I imagine his stress level is high at the moment. He won't be competing, but he did compete somewhere in Kentucky last week.

Gabe (who also doesn't live it home) is doing.... who knows what? But he came to visit Isla (his girlfriend) last weekend and hung out with us on Sunday. I got to chat with him and cut his hair.

Oliver is at work at Sam's Car Wash. He has to work tomorrow, as well - which is why he (and I) needed to stay home.

Elysee is at drama rehearsal for Sherk Jr, which opens next week. I had it mixed up in my head that she didn't have rehearsal toady, so I kept waiting for her to get off the bus. I finally called her and she said, "Um, mom, I'm at rehearsal." Because of rehearsal and babysitting job tomorrow evening, she stayed home.

Carina is with Chad, probably watching Mean Girls on her Kindle, and looking forward to Panda Express. Same for Simone, only with a different show.  

Me... I am working on homework, just not at the moment. I have these vague thoughts about possibly going to grad school sometime in the future, but I also don't feel like doing my homework, so.... who knows? I just fed the dogs, who are extra barky because they keep watching for the kids to get home. Cici is also here.