Friday, January 31, 2025

The Plan of Salvation

 Written for a class, but still sincere:


The aspect of the Plan of Salvation that I am most grateful is the idea that this life is a chance to

learn and grow, and that through that experience, we can understand for ourselves why good is

good and why evil is evil.


Our Father in heaven wants us to not only learn to comply with His plan, He wants us to

understand why His plan is what’s best. He lets us learn that through our own experience.

When we make choices that hurt us and the people around use, we feel pain and see the

consequences of our choices and understand better why sin is considered sin. When we focus

on things that aren’t important, and consequently feel ourselves losing perspective or being

overwhelmed by worldly concerns, we understand why we want to stay close to God. We

understand that He has given us ways to do that, and we want to honor His commandments

and covenants. God lets us learn for ourselves because that kind of wisdom is important for His

Heirs. We will have the chance to be like Him.


It's precious to me to understand that sin and transgressions were a part of His plan because it

gives me the strength and hope I need to keep going. I can take the lessons I learn, repent, and

become even stronger. The most beautiful thing about that is that each time I do so, I love God

and Jesus Christ even more.