Thursday, April 17, 2008

Confession


Some of you might know that I am a little anti-video-games. I really don't want my kids to grow up sitting on the couch all day playing them, and I know they are so easy to get an addiction to. I even have a hard time seeing Chad play computer games. One night I was feeling very spiteful towards Chad so I actually hid his Madden football game and lied to his face about it. Maybe I shouldn't admit that - it makes me sound a little psycho - I swear it was the most spiteful thing I have ever done to him, and I 'fessed up a few days later when the mood had passed. I have since apologized and realize how serious a crime that was.
Until recently, only computer games were allowed in our house. No X-Box, no Playstation 3, no matter how many times I heard about how Chad's buddies at work had all of them.

Over the course of almost a year, Chad tried to talk me into getting a Wii.
It finally worked.

Bryce worked at K-Mart and let us know when they got some in, so we brought one home with us from Blythe.

Like I said in my previous post, Colin is allowed to play each time he does a reading lesson, and then it is only for twenty minutes. I still feel a little weird about it.


Here is the big confession though - Chad now has the perfect way of getting back at me. All his has to do is hide Wii Play because I am addicted to one particular game. There is a shooting game that requires very little skill, and last night Chad and I were up 'til 11 playing it. It's fun. It's really fun. I have a higher high score than Chad, which makes me very proud. When I went to bed last night and closed my eyes, I saw targets, and last night I had a dream that I was shooting missles and saving the world. The whole thing feels very bizarre. Anyone wanna come over and play with me?

BTW, the picture above is from the level that I totally rock at. I am all about precision. The aliens at the end is where Chad dominates me.