Friday, April 11, 2008

Funny Converstation


Santi and Evan were over the other night and we put on Curious George. There was a preview for Barbie's 12 Dancing Princesses. I thought the conversation that ensued over the preview was cute and very indicative of their different age levels (Evan is 4, Colin is 5, and Santi will be 6 this summer) -


Santi: I don't like this.

Evan: I do!

Santi to Colin: Evan likes girls! Evan LOVES girls!

Colin, after a pause: I love my mom.

Evan: So do I.


From spending time around all them, it seems like Evan is still at that age where he freely admits to liking all "girl" things, Colin still likes those things okay, but doesn't admit it as openly, and Santi, who has been to school, draws the line much more distinctly between "boy" and "girl" things. It is crazy how early that begins!


BTW, this is pretty old picture of them.