Dear Kind Lady at Discovery Place,
It was 9:15, only a quarter of an hour after Discovery Place opened, and I was the crazy lady asking you if you had a spare diaper, and um, maybe some wipes too. Yes, I remembered to pack sack lunches, yet brought nothing to change my son. He must have sensed this because he went number 2 for the first time in public in probably a year and a half. Thank you kind lady, for giving me two diapers with shining eyes that told me you genuinely understood and were happy to do it for me. Because I really didn't want to have to go all the way home and I really didn't want to wander around Uptown Charlotte trying to find a place to buy diapers.
Sincerely,
Spacey Mom
Dear Hotdog-in-tortilla-with-cheese,
You rock. Guess what? I have only gained a pound in the last month, so I don't give a darn if you are loaded with calories, fat, and tons of fake stuff. I deserve you. You are the perfect snack at 10 pm, accompanied by ketchup and mustard. I even got Chad to try you today - even though he went overboard and had two hotdogs in a tortilla, which I think is just overkill (especially when you have high cholesterol!) Thanks for not giving me gas, even though I had it coming to me.
With love,
Self-Pitying Katie
Dear Mother Nature,
Thank you thank you thank you for the morning showers yesterday and thank you for the autumnal afternoon. I actually went out in my garden and took a little walk with the boys. Thank you for providing a brief respite from the typical August weather. It was noticed and appreciated.
Humbly,
Briefly Revigorized Nature Lover
Dear Friends and Family,
I haven't been commenting on blogs and I keep missing phone calls (I swear that part hasn't been on purpose- I've been keeping my phone in it's charger "just in case"). I am in total witch-mode right now (ask my kids), so you should probably be grateful that I have been removing myself from society. I promise if you leave a message I will call you back. And I am still reading and enjoying your blogs.
~Katie
Dear Full-Moon this Saturday,
I have heard rumors about you and I am counting on them being true. You are my last chance before having to go to church again when no one is expecting me to be there. I don't want to answer the due date questions again. Just please don't make the delivery rooms so full that I don't get one of those rooms with the outside patios, because I really want one of those. Oh, and if you could somehow take control of my amniotic sac a day earlier (meaning tomorrow - Friday), I would really love it, because my midwives don't work on the weekend. Okay, that's a lot to ask, but I will take any of it.
Pleadingly,
A pathetic woman