Saturday, January 10, 2009

I always do this!

As I said in my last post, my mom and dad came to town. You have probably noticed the posts have been scanty because of it. Pretty good excuse, right?

My mom left my house today to spend her last couple of days in Charlotte with Levi and Audra, so I pulled my memory card out of my camera to see what pictures I had taken of their visit, and found out that I was just as bad about taking pictures as I was about blogging. For some reason, I always forget to use my camera while my parents are here, when all other times it's strap is around my neck each and every day. Capturing happiness! Magnifying the beauty in my life! Every single moment!

In a way, it is probably a good sign - I was not so consumed with capturing moments on my camera that I forgot to truly enjoy them. However, I do want to document important moments, like say.....

THIS one. Uncle Bryce saying goodbye for more than two years to his nephews! And this is the only picture I have of him while he was here! What is wrong with me?
And guess how many pictures I have of the precious moments between my boys and their ever-patient and loving grandfather? NOT ONE! I did not take a single one of my dad! Again, what is wrong with me?
As my mom was leaving today I realized that I hadn't taken many pictures and I called the boys together to try and create some small entries for my endless pictoral diary.

I managed to grab a couple of shots like this one.
However,
Despite the fact that my mom spent more hours playing with him than anyone else, Gabe refused to come downstairs for the pictures.....


........or to even acknowledge Granny's goodbye.

Pictures fail here. Some moments just can't be captured or magnified.

It was a wonderful visit.