Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Quick Catch-Up, Ashley-style

We ended up turning the clocks forward another hour, so that at "midnight" it was actually 8 pm. Gabe went to sleep right after that and Colin stayed up until about 9 pm Eastern Time. Chad and I celebrated the new year by watching a really stupid clips show on VH1 until midnight, kissing, and then promptly going to sleep.

My mom, dad, and brother Bryce flew in on New Years. Last Saturday I took my mom and dad around to look at a bunch of houses. They are going to move here after my dad retires (probably about 18 months) and wanted to see if there were any houses hot enough to buy right now. They are looking for one with a master bedroom downstairs so it is easy to cover everything that is out there. They found one they really like, but I don't know if it was a good enough deal for them to act on. It is ten minutes from my house, close to the lake, and in a neighborhood that we almost bought in, so obviously I am all for the house. I really like looking at houses, but it makes me covet other houses, even though I LOVE mine. That's how greedy I am.

I am potty training Gabe and it is not going well. I had no idea how easy Colin was. You know I don't have favorites, sweet boy, but sorry - Colin totally rocked you in this area. Do I sound mean? Well, that is probably because I just cleaned up a poo-poo-in-underwear mess.

Colin and Chad are back in school and work and I am surprised how much I already miss them.

And not just because Chad cleans a lot and helps with the potty-training.

Although I do admit that has something to do with it.

*Edited to add
I found out that mom and dad went and looked at the house again yesterday. Don't take my statements as any indication of where they stand on it. I really don't want to speak for them.