Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things that make me smile

I babysat one of Colin's friends (she calls him her "boyfriend." He has no idea what that means)the other day. She is 5 like him, but her birthday was too late for her to start kindergarten this year. She got a little bored while at my house. I went up to the playroom to find this.........

And I thought "Oh, it's so sweet to have girls in the house!" No guns or swords, just a few animal friends breaking bread together.

Speaking of Colin's friends, since we moved into our house, Colin has slowly been making friends with the girl next door, who is also 5. They are finally to the "Can Colin come out to play?" stage. Both are oldest children, slightly bossy, and pretty good-natured, so it works out really well. They don't seem to ever grow tired of each other. I looked out my back window recently to see this....


Choppin' on clementines and marshmallows (provided by the young gentleman), lookin' like they are a young couple in love, when in actuality they are still innocently unaware of any such notions. I couldn't stop looking out that window and chuckling at them.