My mom and I have a favorite crape myrtle. It is also in the garden, and it is has gorgeous cinnamon- colored peeling bark, white flowers in the summer, and colorful leaves in the fall. We admire these beauties every time we go.
We are working on our backyard (once again) and I decided I was finally going to get some crape myrtles to plant lined up against my picket fence. There are a hundred varieties, and I knew I would probably just have to settle for what I could find. Home Depot didn't have any. The local nursery across the border had a few varieties for around $80 each. Then WA-LA! I went to Lowe's, where they had nice, healthy looking Crape Myrtles for $18.99 each! The variety, "Natchez," sounded familiar, and they had a couple of white blossoms left on their fall-changing branches. I took the plunge, bought three, and easily hauled them home in my van (I love that collapsible back seat!).
As soon as I got home I searched "Natchez" online and found that they seem to be the exact variety that I have long admired at the garden - peeling cinnamon bark, quite hardy, with white blossoms.
I already planted those puppies this afternoon. I will not let them die, I will not let them die!
Anyone else have a tree that is near and dear to their heart?
As soon as I got home I searched "Natchez" online and found that they seem to be the exact variety that I have long admired at the garden - peeling cinnamon bark, quite hardy, with white blossoms.
I already planted those puppies this afternoon. I will not let them die, I will not let them die!
Anyone else have a tree that is near and dear to their heart?