Monday, October 25, 2010

I admit...

...to you and to all the world:

I would love to have a girl.

A baby girl to stuff into tights.
A girl who might motivate me to learn how to sew (so not worth it for just boys).
A girl to pose among the flowers at the garden.
A girl who would melt her Daddy's heart in a whole new baby way.
A girl who might not tell me to stop when I dance around the house.
A girl who will play with dolls and stuffed animals instead of just using them as weapons.
A girl to share Anne with.

I do want a girl.

Not only that, I have always felt that someday I will have a girl. Someday.

With my big ultrasound a week away, and visions of twin baby girls dancing in my head, I have been asking myself,

Will I be okay? If the technician excitedly announces that it's another boy, will tears spring to my eyes? Will I go home and bawl for the baby girl I may never have?

I got my answer last week as I was working on an old photo album for Gabe and I saw these pictures:


Another boy to cuddle and kiss?
Another boy whose little personality will unfold as uniquely as his brothers before him?
A boy who will tackle his daddy and snuggle his mom?
Another little boy's laughter ringing through the house?

Yeah, I think I am okay with that.


I think I can handle just being a beaming mother of boys.