Monday, November 8, 2010

Do you like my muffin tops?

I saw this recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin Tops on my cousin Olivia's blog awhile ago and have wanted to try it out since then. I had some leftover pumpkin, so I finally did.

It calls for only three ingredients - chocolate cake mix (maybe I should have used chocolate fudge like the recipe said instead of milk chocolate), 15 oz of pumpkin, and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips . You mix everything together, then scoop the batter out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes. The recipe says you can make 48 muffin tops, but I didn't come anywhere close to that.


Oliver, Gabe, and Chad really liked them. Colin didn't at all. I thought they were okay, but very sugary, and I am more into fried/sour foods these days, so I only ate 2 or 3 before I was done (which is highly unusual for me). Will I make them again someday? Probably. So easy!

Does "muffin top" make you think of 30 Rock? If so, I love you.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Ugh, we are kinda sugared-out around here, so I'm totally avoiding baking. But that looks like something easy and yummy to take to people around Christmas :)

Ashley said...

And no, sorry, I don't watch 30 Rock. I mean, I've seen a couple of episodes and know that it is hilarious, but I just have to start a show from the beginning to really get into it. I've been thinking about watching it on Netflix sometime.

Katie said...

Ashley - it is totally one of those shows that is funniest if you watch it from the beginning. Not that there are complicated plots going on or anything, but it makes all the characters funnier.

Merf said...

when i saw the title of your post, i totally expected to see belly pictures or those awkward pictures of people as they walk away from the camera---you cant see their face---only their [insert unappealing physical trait here]

and yes---30Rock does that---it rocks.

Lindsay Jane said...

I'm just here to dance.

Thanks for the review. :)

Olivia Carter said...

YUM! Those look amazing! I'm going to try these out because I'm not sugared out. I don't think if chocolate is involved I'll even get too much sugar!