Thursday, October 30, 2008

Just a moment

I was standing to the side with Gabe and Oliver, out of the way of the other customers. There was a rush-hour crowd at Walmart (oh, the horror!), and Chad and Colin were standing in line with our pumpkins. My shoulders hurt, the kids were hyper and whining, and I was wondering if this Halloween excursion had been a good idea.

As I glanced over at Chad and Colin in line, this thought popped into my head - "What would 16 year old Katie have thought of this little scene?"

And I looked down at my other two boys, and I teared up, because if I could have taken a video of this moment and sent it back to Katie in 1997, telling her that this would be her future, she would cherish every moment of that footage. I know exactly what she would think!

"My life is going to be exactly what I want it to be! Truly a dream come true! "

"(And Chad is still HOT!)"