Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wednesday was lovely, and then there was Thursday

My precious Gabriel, taking a nap on the couch on Thursday, with those gorgeous lashes lying on his rosy cheeks. Beautiful sight, but a little strange, for a boy who has pretty much given up naps. What is going on?

..........................................................................

Puke-city. That's what. Yes, I took the time to take a picture before cleaning him up. In situations like this, you have to get your kicks where you can.
I was driving to pick Colin up from school on Thursday, and just outside of our neighborhood Gabe starting throwing up. I pulled over and called my ever-gracious and caring sister-in-law, Sabina, explained what was wrong, and asked her to pick the boys up for me. I am so grateful that she picked the phone up after the first ring and dropped everything to help me out. This yucky situation could have been so much worse if I had had to continue on my way.
The next morning, Bobby was driving the boys to school when Colin announced, not the least bit embarrassed, "Um, I just tooted, and something came out."
And so Colin came home and I got to take care of two boys with stuff coming out of both ends, and a baby, who I was supremely afraid would catch the same bug.
When your kindergartener finally gets used to school, when they finally stop crying at night that they hate it and it's so boring and they don't want to ever go again, and decide that they love it, and then they get sick and have to stay home,
but they don't feel sick and have tons of energy,
and are used to doing things ALL day long,
and they can't go anywhere because they are sick,
and their little brother is sick and doesn't want to play,
and they can't touch their little brother,
and their mom is already a little grumpy because she has been up to her elbows in grossness,
chances are, your kindergartener is going to go crazy,
and in turn, drive you absolutely crazy.