Friday, May 22, 2009

What kind of girl buys herself flowers?


I went to the Farmer's Market for the first time today, where I saw a bouquet so beautiful and fresh that I had to take it home with me. It was a Katie bouquet if there ever was one.
Sabina discovered the Farmer's Market a couple of weeks and knew that I would go crazy for the colorful blooms. She wanted to send Chad there before me so that he could gift some beautiful flowers upon me, but that didn't happen.....so I just bought them for myself. Can you blame me? Look at them (and look at my cheesy grin! They made me really happy!)! This picture doesn't even do it justice.


People of Charlotte, if you are ever in need of fresh flowers, please skip over those limp pickings at the front of Walmart and head to the Farmer's Market. Cost of this bouquet? $8!

8 comments:

Audra said...

WOW! And it truly is georgeous! I love the colors! Yes, those would make me happy too!

Ashley said...

Those are amazing! I've bought myself flowers before - when they are on clearance at walmart. If I had access to those I'd probably get myself some at least once a month.

Christie said...

I would have bought them, too!

Olivia Carter said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I am in LOVE with those flowers! They are AMAZING & I have bought flowers of lesser beauty for myself many times before.

Love, love, love them & check that price! I'm JEALOUS!

em said...

there's something so liberating in buying yourself flowers;-) or going to a movie by yourself (which i have yet to do, but my friend assures me it's amazing), or eating lunch at a retaurant by yourself without a book or a cell phone. oh, all of which i esteem towards;-)

Mac said...

Buying myself flowers is something I am used to doing. But I do feel a bit peeved as I look at my fairly pathetic looking flowers that cost me $12 and comparing them with your beautiful bouquet that cost $8. I need to check out the farmer's market.

Hope you enjoy the blossoms - they really are gorgeous!

Julia said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! We went to a farmers market in Seattle last month and I was really sad not to get any. I was wishing I lived there just for the flowers.

Jamie Martin said...

Those are great! It is always a good day to spoil yourself!!!