Monday, November 8, 2010

Do you like my muffin tops?

I saw this recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin Tops on my cousin Olivia's blog awhile ago and have wanted to try it out since then. I had some leftover pumpkin, so I finally did.

It calls for only three ingredients - chocolate cake mix (maybe I should have used chocolate fudge like the recipe said instead of milk chocolate), 15 oz of pumpkin, and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips . You mix everything together, then scoop the batter out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes. The recipe says you can make 48 muffin tops, but I didn't come anywhere close to that.


Oliver, Gabe, and Chad really liked them. Colin didn't at all. I thought they were okay, but very sugary, and I am more into fried/sour foods these days, so I only ate 2 or 3 before I was done (which is highly unusual for me). Will I make them again someday? Probably. So easy!

Does "muffin top" make you think of 30 Rock? If so, I love you.