I badly needed a new hair-do. I wanted something different. I searched online to try and find a picture of something that I wanted, but the fact of the matter is, celebrity hairstyles aren't for me. I am not super trendy, I am super low-maintenance, and I have a baby coming in 5 weeks, so I didn't want anything that would need a touch-up in 6 weeks (plus I am too cheap to convince myself to go back anytime near that for touch-ups). So I really didn't find any pictures online that I thought would realistically work for me, right now.
I have gone to a professional for a haircut maybe 6 times in my life, and only once before to anywhere more upscale than Great Clips. I have never had it colored professionally. To me, going to get my hair done is about as relaxing as going the Dr. I am always happy that I did afterwards, but I don't like the process. Anyway, I couldn't even work myself up to making an appointment - Chad did it for me, and I was tempted to cancel in.
Boy, with all this lead-up, you are probably expecting dramatic results, so I am just going to tell you to drop those expectations now :o) I went in this morning and had a good talk with my very impressive stylist. When I said I was low-maintenance, she suggested that I get lowlights, since they can just grow out if you don't want to keep them up. I said okay. I said I have been trying to grow my hair out for years but always end up chopping it off at this blah stage. I told her that I don't spend a lot of time on my hair, and she listened when I said I didn't want anything that would my face look wider.. I really liked her - she was realistic and didn't want to do anything that would require me to come back in very soon or that would require a lot of styling every day.
When it was over, I wasn't blown away by my hair, but very very pleased. I still look like myself, but a lot livelier and I feel pretty again, which isn't an easy feat this far along in my pregnancy. Honestly, I don't think my kids can tell a difference, but I can! I guess I went in not knowing what I wanted and the stylist figured it out for me. I am happy with it!
Then I got to go stand in line at the DMV for hours because my license expires tomorrow! Fun! At least I will hopefully have a decent new picture for it!
