Monday, February 7, 2011

Preparing

I stayed out of the girl's clothes section for quite awhile after the big ultrasound. I don't know if it was the shock of all that pink screaming at me, or the disbelief I felt about having a girl. Whenever someone asked me if I was just SO excited, I would say, "I really just can't believe it yet." My brain was stuck in boy mode. Part of me still expected to pull out the 0-6 month boy bin from the closet one more time and just sort through it sometime before April.

My resistance and disbelief disappeared with the appearance of these little dresses on clearance at Target.

Size newborn



0-3 Months

Part of me wonders if I will look back on the second dress years from now and wonder what I was thinking, but for now I love it.

The spell has been broken and I have no problem shopping for little girls' clothes now. No problem at all.