Wednesday, September 26, 2007

He gave me two babies, now he gets his....


Chad has never been a big spender (as most of you know.) However, there is a certain item he has had his eye on for quite awhile. He has really lusted after every nice TV he has seen over the last two years. Every time he saw a good price for one on http://slickdeals.net/ , he felt that was his obligation to mention it to his ever-patient and loving wife. Okay, honestly, my patience wore out, so I made a him a deal. I told him that after we moved into a new house, got a fence, and paid off the student loans, he could buy whatever TV he wanted (knowing that he would never ever be able to bring himself to buy one too outrageous). Well, we moved into a new house in June. Our fencing materials are in the garage, ready to be installed next week, and after we close the sale of our other house on Friday at 4 pm, we are paying off the student loans (hallelujah!). I let him getthe TV a little early because of the deal he found, with the stipulation that if any of the aforementioned tasks fall through, the TV goes back.
Chad found a deal that set the slickdeals world on fire (seriously the people who frequent that sight have a community all their own), and he couldn't pass it up. I won't go into specifics, but it involved getting a free Xbox 360 and then taking it back for a refund (thus lowering the total price of the TV), and it was supposed to be online only, but when they ran out of stock online, Chad went into the store and sweet-talked his way with the manager until he was given the same deal. That's my hubby for you. Cheap, cute, and willing to talk his way out of anything.
In all seriousness, I enjoy the TV as well, and we are getting satellite again next Monday, which I will love (probably too much, which was why we got rid of it six months ago). I will try not to DVR too much Food Network this time. Also, I am ticked off at Bear Grylls, so there goes most of my Discovery Channel obligations.
BTW, that is Prisonbreak playing on the TV - another one of Chad's guilty pleasures.
Chad is really going to be ticked that this picture doesn't do his baby justice.
Oh, and if any of you are interested, it is a 50 inch HD projection TV.