Notice that Colin, the four and a half year old, is in the baby swing. Colin has never ever liked the swings, and has just started to like it when I push him the the baby ones, as long as I don't push him too hard. Then there is Gabriel, who will be two next month. Gabe won't permit me to even put him in the baby swings, but begs me to lift him up and put him on the regular ones. It freaks me out a little bit. I don't really trust his toddler grip.
Colin tends to be cautious. He likes to take everything in, evaluate the situation, and then decide if he wants to participate. Most of the time he eventually does participate, but sometimes he decides that certain activities aren't for him (like Dumbo at Disney World). Gabe likes to jump into anything that looks fun.
I know that part of this difference is because Gabe is a second child and likes to do everything his big brother does, but as you can see, this isn't something his big brother does.
Personalities aside, notice their differing legs. It isn't just the difference in ages either. Colin has always had skinny legs. Even when he was a baby there wasn't a single roll on his thighs. And then there are Gabe's legs, which are nice and plump now and were far past plumpness when he was a baby.