Friday, September 21, 2007

I am a soccer mom. Can you believe it?! ME!





Five minutes into Colin's first soccer game last weekend, he got the ball, dribbled it a bit, and kicked it right into the goal!!!!!!!!!!! His first game and his first goal! I was utterly shocked at the pure joy and excitement that flooded my heart. Honestly, it was like winning Best Overall Dance in the dance competition or hearing that I had gotten a part in "The Crucible, only even better. Purer, less self-absorbed. Really, joyful is the best word I can think of to describe the feeling. I know it sounds silly - it's just a little kid's game, and it's just a goal - but I was just so happy for him. The kid has been kicking a ball around since any of us can remember, brimming with enthusiasm for any sport, and ready to hit the field or court, or ANYTHING. My little little boy, scoring his first goal, and jumping up and down, and my eyes actually brimming with tears. I could see by the look on Chad's face that he felt exactly the same way. We probably talked about that moment nine or ten times the rest of the weekend, giggling with the remembrance of how thrilled and indescribably happy we were.

I only wish I had gotten a picture of it. He scored again a few minutes later but I still wasn't quick enough with the camera - especially since the screen is broken, so I have to guess at what I am even taking a picture of.

Here are some other pics I did manage to get. Colin is number four. Being the coach's son, he got his first pick. The uniform (I almost wrote "costume" on accident) is huge on him. In the last picture, we were at Chik-fil-A celebrating and he called Grandma Coleman to tell her about his goals.