Monday, February 16, 2009

The Bacon Explosion Experience


Weave raw bacon together, add italian sausage and cooked bacon on top


Roll sausage up, roll bacon mat around it with the seam on the bottom. Isn't it pretty?


Cook at 250 for two or so hours until the internal temperature reads 165, top with barbeque sauce and put it under the broiler for a bit to crunch up the bacon....


It was pretty tasty. We served it sliced up and on a bun, and the Elders each had two sandwiches. It was about what I expected. It basically tasted like bacon and sausage. Everyone says you really do need to try it in a smoker to get the full effect, and I believe them because I think it would render the fat in the bacon more and meld it all together, but despite living in the Carolinas for four years I still don't own a smoker! Shocker, I know!
Once again, here is information central for the Bacon Explosion and here is a link to the oven recipe, which I didn't really follow.
I'm pretty sure our house is going to smell like bacon for a week or so.