Do you find, as I do, that your patience with a sick baby is never ending?
At 1 am I found myself breathing in the hot, cherry-Tylenol breath of the little guy sleeping on my chest, kissing the top of his fuzzy head, and shushing nonstop into his ear. Oliver was full of mucus and unable to sleep on his back for longer than a half hour or so at a time. My eyes and arms were tired, but neither drooped until I heard his ragged breathing slowing. It is the most natural thing in the world to soothe the baby that you love when you know they are so miserable.
Isn't it nice to find that some virtues come so easily?
At 1 am I found myself breathing in the hot, cherry-Tylenol breath of the little guy sleeping on my chest, kissing the top of his fuzzy head, and shushing nonstop into his ear. Oliver was full of mucus and unable to sleep on his back for longer than a half hour or so at a time. My eyes and arms were tired, but neither drooped until I heard his ragged breathing slowing. It is the most natural thing in the world to soothe the baby that you love when you know they are so miserable.
Isn't it nice to find that some virtues come so easily?