Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keepin' It Real Wednesday


The weather is a breezy 80 degrees. The tree-lined park is full of laughing children splashing in the fountain. In this picture-perfect summertime moment, the boys have just finished a snow cone, and are now standing in line at the carousel.

And how does Colin feel about all of this?







To be fair, Gabe did just whack him. And to be fair to Gabe, Colin had been yanking his carousel ticket away over and over again.

Please tell me I am not the only one whose kids seem to get a little on edge when we are doing something extra fun or special.

I think the look on Chad's face is priceless. "You gettin' all this sweetheart?"

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds normal to me! Nice photo.

Christie said...

Let's see...today Elizabeth just about had a meltdown because the host sat us in a different part od the Chinese buffet. It took forever to convince her go sit with Granny and Grandpa. Whever Daddy has a day off and we try to do something special the girls always have the worst day.

Audra said...

Vacation makes it worse! We were in the mountains and the kids were all off kilter, so we would have spontaneous meltdowns! More on the baby side of things! The "forcer" in my gives them nice speeches before we leave the car when we go places like this about expectations and about not messing around or time-outs will be had! A 15 min time out at a fun place just once breaks them for a long time of a lot of shananagins. I still have the shanangins... just not as much! And as soon as I say "You want a time out?" they stop. Haha! MEAN MOMMY am I! or maybe I should just say Mommy of 7 am I!

Julia said...

I love keepin it real wednesdays!

Ashley said...

We had a week of special activities while Oma was here, and a week of meltdowns!

em said...

that's when sean would say, "hun, really, enough pictures already." but that's not nearly as fun for the rest of us;-)

Carmen said...

Whew! Okay, I'm not the only mother (of boys) that has things like that happen. ():)