
We managed to pull off a surprise party for my mom on Thursday. At least, she says it was a surprise - I'm still not quite sure if I believe her. Regardless, it was a lot of fun, and I was really happy that we got to celebrate it early with her (her birthday isn't until next Tuesday), because she and my dad left Friday, the very next day, to drive to Texas for the birth of their 20th grandchild.
Yes, my dad is carrying in a salad - I had my mom bring something to her own party :o) I think that helped make it a surprise. We did a soup and salad dinner. My two older brothers both brought scrumptious soups, along with their scrumptious children.
We played spoons - a Jeppson family favorite, followed by a game of Black Magic, which was fun, but kind of mean since Sabina was the only one who didn't know how to play.






