Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another Home

Last week we needed to go to the other side of Charlotte, so we stopped by our old home. We moved away from this house over two years ago, shortly before I started this blog, and though I am glad we moved out when we did, it is still bittersweet to see it. This was our first house and it holds many dear memories.

I was five months pregnant with Gabe when we bought this house. It was always be my "house of dreams" - the first real home that I brought a baby to.
I miss seeing spotting cardinals in the patch of woods behind the house, and waking up to chirping every morning in the spring.


I miss my garden, and I am afraid that most of the plants there have been greatly neglected.



I miss the cul-de-sac, where Colin rode his bike for hours and hours.


I miss the little sun-dappled dining room, where my boys first finger-painted.


I miss our sunny and warm bedroom, where Colin, Gabe and I used to take a nap together every single day (oh, heaven!).


When it comes down to it, I guess what I am really missing more than the house...



...is toddler Colin and baby Gabe.
Can you blame me?

Please excuse me, I need to go kiss two sleeping boys.

4 comments:

Chad Coleman said...

I love the naps picture - Colin was such a napper. Gabriel totally reminds me of Oli - Cute boys! (Totally unbiased).

Ashley said...

There are days that my heart just aches for toddler Rae and baby Blaise days. And other days that I ache for my baby Rae back. But I also love my big girl Rae - if only she didn't talk so much and still took naps! :) I can't remember ever seeing a picture of your old house!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh, that's so sweet. I can't wait until we own a house someday... someday...

Audra said...

I still drive by my house in Williamsburg and park the car and hopfully do not scare the neighbors. I think of toddler Nolan helping his daddy push the lawn mower across the front yard. I know the feeling!