Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Confession time

Well, Audra wanted know if I have cheated yet, so I am here to confess that yesterday was a very bad day. Gabe was surly all morning and even while it was just the two of us, he whined about absolutely everything - getting dressed, eating breakfast, getting into the car, going to the library, leaving the library...you get the idea. I finally couldn't take it and ripped into a bag of unappetizing candy that I had just bought at Target. I ate, of all things, a multi-colored Twizzler, when I don't ever like Twizzlers, and this one was especially gross. I have eaten a peanut M&M here and Skittle there since starting, so I wouldn't have been too mad at myself if I stopped there. But I didn't. When we got home I broke open the OTHER bag of candy and ate about 5 little bags of Skittles and just as many Starbursts. Then last night, after the kids went to bed, I had a cup of hot chocolate, and it was soooo good.

And I consulted Mr Scale a few days ago, and he and I have grown even further apart than we have been in about a year and a half, so I really really really need to do better.

The good news is that even though I did cheat yesterday, I have gotten out of my rut, and I have been making sure that I am actually hungry before eating instead of just doing it.