
If you haven't seen the deleted scene from last night's episode of "The Office," check it out here. It is good for a few more laughs.
I wasn't sure how I would like Ryan getting Jan's job because it was so over-the-top and unrealistic. However, I am impressed with the humor that the writers have created from the situation. And although I think B.J. Novak is a funny person himself, I have never really liked his acting in the character of Ryan, even when I thought the character was funny. B.J. always seemed unnatural to me, and maybe that was just me. However, I really think the acting has become more believable with this development. I don't know how much sense I am making, but B.J.'s acting has always seemed like someone who has taken on more than they can handle, a little akward but still denying in any way that they can't handle it - which is why he always seemed at his best during scenes like the one where Ryan went on a sales call with Stanley, and which is why I think this direction is good for him. He is so perfectly pompous and self-centered and just such a jerk, but also so easy to see through and so obviously what Chad and I refer to as a "business spanker", which is a term that won't make sense to most of you, but MBA programs are populated with them (think Tanner building at BYU), they like to "network," and you probably even have some of them in your ward (possibly in positions of "power"). Chad would be in grave danger of becoming a "business spanker" if he weren't so aware of them and ready to laugh at them. And if he hadn't once worn a swimsuit (with a jacket) to work. Anyway, that's a whole 'nother topic.
Oh, and wasn't it great to see Toby acting out a little last night? Now there is an actor that is PERFECT in his role..
Oh, and Creed asking for Red Bull! So funny.