My sister-in-law Audra was kind enough to invite us to go with them to visit her parents last weekend. They live right off of the Blue Ridge Parkway just over the Virginia border, about two hours from Charlotte. Audra's parents have retired on their farm in the mountains, and they are kind, down-to-earth, and extremely gracious people. Chad and I have been there six times now and we love love love it there. The minute we reach their house, with it's huge porch, amazing views, and fishing ponds, the stress just magically begins to melt away. I could just nap away my life if I lived up there.
On the day we arrived, we went to a pumpkin patch that a neighbor of their's owns and they let us do all the pumpkin huntin' that we wanted. I love to look at pumpkins, with their different shapes and hues of orange. The kids had a great time and we came home with five pumpkins of varying sizes. Gabe thought that they were for throwing, so we had to keep an eye on him. What a rascal.
By the way, the all red thing was on purpose, but not for the picture. Colin had a game earlier, and we always wear red to show support for the "Red Dragons" and then when I changed Colin after the game I dressed him in red without even realizing it.