Friday, February 12, 2010

A Good Day For Ollie

Ollie began the day carrying Chica's (my parent's dog, who were are watching) food around, trying to get her to eat it. All around the house - "Here go Tee-ta." Chica was not the least bit interested in it but he persisted.

After getting Colin off to school, I was working on some kitchen chores and between Gabe and I, the pantry door kept getting left open. Ollie took full advantage of it - first getting a box of Lucky Charms out, dumping them of the living room floor, and happily sharing them with Chica.



Then he got the pancake mix out and dumped some of it. All of this while I was in the kitchen, just a few feet away from him. He is just so fast! I thought maybe he was hungry, so I gave him a granola bar.















So he got our Christmas plate out of the cupboard, broke the granola bar into pieces and left it all on the floor.That's when I figured out that he was just trying to find something that would intice Chica all along. He may be trouble, but he is smart and he is cute.
















Next I was putting the silverware away from the dishwasher when I heard a strange rolling sound across the wood floors. I turned around to see this.

Really Ollie? The whole bottom rack?

Right after I took the first picture, he started chasing Chica around with it and I made him put his new toy away. Poor old Chica.


























Then Ollie's cousin Liam came over, thank goodness, and I got a little relief. Oliver followed him up into the toy room where they placed very nicely for a half hour. I was holding my breath the whole time.

To top the good day off, it snowed in the evening. We were out and about, and Oliver's big brown eyes lit up. He could not take his eyes off of it, pointing out the window with a half smile on. As soon as we got home, he went out back with us and started throwing little snowballs.

After an ice cream cone there was more snow-gazing out the window. He was so happy not to miss out on it this time.

It is still snowing out there - biggest snow of the year - and Oliver is still awake upstairs. It is Chad's night for bedtime and so far it has taken over an hour. Go to sleep Ollie- you aren't missing out on anything fun!



6 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my heck - he is so precious! And him and Liam together makes me ache to be there!

It is amazing how quickly kids can get into stuff! Isaac's favorite is the toilet water and the toilet paper - ugh.

Chica needs a little adventure in her life :)

Ashley said...

And wow, that's a lot of snow. Just looking at the difference between the two pictures - I bet your church will be canceled on Sunday!

Audra said...

I have a picture of Callie with the bottom rack too! She pushed it around like a car!!! So weird!

What a cute busy boy!!! I am happy he got his snow time!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh that kid is just so cute! I love that age. Ugh. Baby hunger go away!

Merf said...

what a beautiful face he has! so full of joy and wonder. cutie.

Jamie said...

Lol! Aaron said Chica looks quite tired in that picture.