We have had a bone-chilling wind sweeping over Charlotte today. Our barren backyard is so unprotected that when it blows through with such ferocity it sounds like ghosts are howling at our windows - even ripping some of the siding off our house in the past. Today I heard some clanging and looked out back to see our grill blown over, and our trampoline a good 15 feet away from where it used to be. See the step-ladder?
The last time the wind came through, I went out back to see what was going on and made the mistake of letting Ollie down out of my arms for a few seconds. The wind picked his 20 lbs up and threw him to the ground with a fat lip.
I think I will feel like ending every post in February, regardless of its content, with this statement, "I am ready for spring." I close my eyes and dream of blooming tulips and salvia in my backyard. I was definitely born in the wrong month.
