I'm not the biggest baseball fan, as I have said before. My boy, however, really is. So seeing the season come to an end is a little sad for me. Mostly because I didn't get to go to as many games as I wanted to. They were often at night, so I would stay home with Gabe and Oliver to put them to bed, while Chad took Colin. I know that this was the practical thing to do, and there is no way I will make it to all of my kids' games over the years, but I feel like I really missed out.
All of the other parents on the team have been commenting to us about how much determination and hustle Colin shows. He is very young and small, and it was 2 years since he played on a baseball team (and so long ago that it was T-ball). He had a lot to learn this season, and he soaked it up like a sponge. Colin has always tried to master anything he is interested in, and you could see that in his batting, throwing, and concentration. I'm proud of him!