Monday, April 14, 2008

Just let me sleep through the night


If I tell you exactly how moody I am right now, will you still respect me in the morning? If I tell you that the tears for no reason at all and the 1 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that I just downed ( I swear my diet was exemplary the rest of the day) are all because I am pregnant, will you believe me?


The second trimester started off nicely but this last week I have really started to feel pregnant again. Weird things - like I woke up this morning and my legs were sore. The only thing I can think of that might be the cause is that I drove a lot yesterday. Over an hour for church and over an hour to have dinner at Levi and Audra's, and my legs were aching by the end. Seriously?! Sore legs from driving?! I just feel so pathetic.


Yesterday at church I was carrying a large box of nursery stuff back to the storage closest (quite capably I might add) when one of my friends, who already had a large bag and binder, ran up up to me and insisted on carrying it for me! I am only 5 months pregnant! Please don't let me lose all of my dignity yet! Or is it too late for that already? Are you allowed dignity when yogurt gives you heartburn?


No consoling comments please. Only grumpiness and complaining allowed on this post.


I am going to go eat some more PB&J. Only Jif understands me.

11 comments:

Chad said...

And that's why were married...your love affair with Jif! Do you remember when we bought that one kind that had the infused Honey - that was the best 3 days ever. I'm sure the fact that you have nothing but 100% kids for the past 4 days hasn't helped a whole lot...see you soon!

Câmera Digital said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ash said...

I wish I had pregnancy to blame my moodiness on! Or my PB&J cravings. I seriously want to get pregnant just so I can eat peanut butter again. I miss it so much. (It's like 6 points for 2 tbs on WW) I nibbled on Rae's sandwich today and I about cried because I couldn't eat the whole thing. Maybe I can just blame everything on my period.

Mom said...

Yah, I've been there too! Eat one for me! or better, eat some ice cream for me!! Just reading your blog makes me remind all the crazy moods, aches and craving for stuff!

It will be better when Chad gets home.

Katie said...

Chad - AWWWW, so THAT'S why we're married! A seven year mystery solved!!!!! ;o)

Ashley- PB&J is one of those things I can kinda justify while pregnant because it has the "good" fat and you need more of that when you are pregnant, right? I have also been allowing myself lots of avocados for the same reason. Oh, and my PMS moodiness was always way worse than my pregnant moodiness. Like I was ready to call and get those crazy-when-PMSing-pills. So you blame away.

Mom - ice cream can give me heart burn. Plus I had my share of it at Levi's. I dished up a cone, at the top half, and then dished up more :o)

Isn't it funny that I get my first spam and it's on this post?

James said...

Jif is yucky. Peter Pan is the best PB ever! And then there's MRE peanut butter... lovely packets just the right size for crackers, sandwichers, or just squeezing into your mouth.

Now I'm hungry for PB sandwiches at lunch...

On the PMS thing, you need to see the SNL commercial Tina Fey made right after the writer's strike ended. I don't know if they posted it yet, but Christie thought it was funny when she saw it. Look for Annual.

Christie said...

I eat PB&J at least a couple times a week. PB is 2 pts for one Tbsp, which is plenty to cover a slice of bread. Not that bad. Now, if you eat 5-6 spoonfuls out of the jar, that's a different story.

Christie said...

Oh, and don't let heartburn go unmedicated; it can lead to much worse if you do and there are tons of safe meds.

Ash said...

Christie- what PB do you use?

Christie said...

Ashley-
I have just been going by the online tracker, so I checked the labels just now to be sure...yup...plugged the numbers in and it's 2 pts. Both the Great Value and Peter Pan peanut butter have the same nutritional info. Now, if you have 2 Tbsp it does go up to 5 pts, but if you can be satisfied with 1 Tbsp it's not that bad.

Katie said...

Christie - Don't worry - the heartburn isn't bad at all and has only shown up a few random times.