Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

We tend to turn holidays into weekend affairs, so Father's Day started yesterday when we presented Chad with his gift - Mario Kart - which he had actually emailed me a link to buy a few weeks ago, so you can imagine how surprised he was. He was surprised though later when I gave him three mores wheels for it.

They took a break from the Wii playing to go to Dunkin' Donuts and then to see Kung Fu Panda. I protested that Chad should do something for himself but he said that he wanted to just hang out with his boys for Father's Day. What a sweetie.

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Hurray! We need to get your Wii number so we can play online together & send messages! Does he love Mario Cart? We love it- I don't think we'll ever get tired of it!

Meredith said...

david got it also---we could have a nationwide competition! ace & jasmine play wii all the time---350 miles apart!

lindsey said...

do i see what i think i see? did you give gabe a fake wheel so he thinks he's playing but not messing up the game ? ;) i can just imagine how frustrtated colin would get if he ran into gabe because gabe didn't know what he was doing.

Katie said...

Woohoo! We have to get a cousin's tournament going!

Lindsey- you are dead on. Gabe totally had a wheel with no controller plugged into it. I am pretty sure he wasn't fooled, but appreciated being involved anyway.

Chad said...

Gabe always gets dissapointed at the end of each race - "I didnt win". I think deep down he despises the Wii - Especially since getting Mario Kart because its actually a video game that Katie will play with me.

Actual conversation last night- Katie: "You want to play Mario Kart?"
Chad: "Right now?"
Katie: "Sure, come on...let's play"
It may not sound like much, but that is the first time I have heard that in my marriage.