Saturday, June 7, 2008

Music by the Pond

Our community is having concerts by our pond every Friday in June. Performing last night was a band from Hawaii, The Tsunami Wave Riders, so Colin and I checked out a book about Hawaii and have been reading this week. Then also made a dessert with pineapple in it for after the concert - dump cake, a very easy and yummy dessert (but make sure you eat it with ice cream on top for the full effect). Even though it was a very warm evening, it was a lot of fun, and I think if I promise Chad that I will bring sodas, we will go again next week.





4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ah, you guys are SO CUTE! I love those pictures of the two of them together!

Christie said...

That grass looks lovely! Lately it hasn't even been cool enough for us to play outside until just before dark and then the bugs come out. That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until Elizabeth is old enough to appreciate "themes" like that!

Katie said...

(sigh) unfortunately that is some of the only green grass around. I can't believe it is only June and the grass around here is already pretty toasted! We need rain and much cooler temperatures!

Jonelle said...

Those two boys of yours are too cute for words! They look like they have a pretty great time together, too!