Wednesday, November 21, 2007

An updated Jeppson classic




On Monday for dinner I made little vegetable pizzas. I used some wraps for the crusts and alfredo sauce with italian blend cheeses and our favorite veggies to top them off. Right when I put them in the oven, I was reminded of something that we used to always make for our after-school snack when we were kids, or for lunch during the summer. We took a tortilla, spread ketchup on top, cheese on top of that, and then added bologna for our meat! Sometimes I sprinkled Italian seasonings in with my ketchup. Can you believe that we actually thought that tasted good? For the record, I have actually tried this as an adult, and I thought it was really gross. Now, hot dogs with melted cheese, rolled in a tortilla - that is a childhood creation that still tastes good. Having adult thighs now instead of my childhood ones, I cannot indulge in that creation more than once a year.



BTW, my veggie pizzas weren't great either. The alfredo sauce and moisture combined made the wrap soggy. I have made veggie pizza before that were good, but I think they need a heartier crust if the veggies are raw to begin with.



Oh, I just remembered that when we were kids and made made quesadillas, we would put a slice of margarine in with the cheese!!!!!