
When I was growing up, Santa did not wrap our gifts. Santa did wrap Chad's when he was a boy, so we had to decide which tradition would carry on in our own family. I won out, probably mainly because I am the one who does most of the Santa stuff, and Chad doesn't really care about stuff like that as much as I do. Here are my reasons for not having Santa wrap my kids' gifts:
1. I think it is fun for the kids to walk into the room and immediately see what Santa brought them. It has the big WOW factor.
2. Although I do love wrapping gifts, I try to keep down the mom and dad workload around Christmas. We have plenty of other things to occupy our time without attempting to wrap a bike.
3. After the Santa gifts and stockings are done, it is nice to sit down and unwrap gifts from each other. It makes the two things more separate, and I think it lets us focus on saying thanks to each other more.
So what does Santa do at your house?