Friday, December 7, 2007

Update and an awesome tip!


Isn't this picture pathetic? After my last post, Gabe's eye quickly turned gunky, so I took him to the doctor. He confirmed that it was pink eye and wrote a prescription for antibiotic drops. The Dr. also said Gabe has croup, which, as we have all learned now, no medicine can cure. As soon as he said that, I thought, "Wow. Colin's croup must have been really bad, because it was much worse than this." So now I can just be thankful that Gabe's croup is very mild. He didn't even wake up once after I got home last night.

I really love the doctor that treated him. He told me that if one of the boys ever gets pink eye when we can't get to the doctor, to wash it out with Johnson's Baby Shampo. It is antibacterial and won't sting their eyes, so it works wonderfully, but you do need to do it 5 or 6 times a day. He even said that you could probably just do this continuosly to get rid of pink if you wanted to. What a great tip!!!!! Kids get pink eye so often.