
My mom said her goodbyes last Friday night, and flew back home early early on Saturday. I woke up later that morning to see Colin standing by my bed, bawling with all of his heart. He burst out, "I miss Granny!" and crawled into bed for some consolation cuddles.
The sweetheart was seriously down in the dumps that day, so while I put Gabe down for a nap later, Chad decided to go on a "date" with Colin to cheer him up. He wanted to take him to Zuma Family Fun Center, where we went miniature golfing not long ago. Chad told the very excited Colin where they were going, tore a coupon out of the Entertainment book, set it on the counter and run upstairs to get ready. When he came back down, the coupon was gone. He went into the computer room where he found Colin, with the coupon in front of him, typing into the address bar http://www.zumafuncenters.com./ Chad just had to crack up. The little guy was just so excited that he had to look it up online and figured the whole thing out by himself (with the help of the coupon, of course).
They had a great daddy-son-date. Chad said that Colin was just jumping for joy the whole time. They played a round of mini golf (no clogged holes this time), Chad got to bat in the batting cages, and Colin got to ride the go-carts all by himself. Then they went to McDonald's.
And Gabe and I took a two and a half hour nap!