
Last year my sister Christie and I were talking about Jane Austen and she found out I had never read Persuasion. Don't ask why I hadn't before, I have no idea. She urged me to check it out, and as soon as I got home from Blythe I did. It is definitely one of Miss Austen's finest, and I am sure it will become one of my re-reads. Some people say it is a more grown up romance, and I agree (because I am such a grown-up :o).
So I was really excited to hear that PBS is going to be showing Persuasion as a part of their Masterpiece Theatre tomorrow, Jan. 13. It is the first of six Jane Austen movies they are presenting, including the much loved long long version of Pride and Prejudice (I have to just mention here that the I really love the new version too - it is one of my favorite movies). That is actually the only one of the six that I have seen, so it is going to be a glorious few months of Austen for me! Hooray for DVR!
Watch them and let me know what you think! Check your local listings for times.