After a very long day today, my considerate husband came home and immediately took the baby from me and rolled around with him while I finished taking the frozen pizza out the oven(third time we have had it in a week - no joke. Thanks to Shannon for the Palermo's deal and I hope your induction today is going well!). Immediately after dinner he took Colin, who is feeling all better, outside to play baseball. Gabe soon joined them and I watched as the little boy who had been pouting and yelling at me all day slowly started to smile. By the time he hit his fifth ball or so he was absolutely beaming.
Oliver and I were watching through the front door and Oliver was sent in a fit of giggles. Colin and I recently discovered that Oliver likes to watch balls in motion, especially when they hit things. So next we took Chad out front, kicked the soccer ball into the garage door, and watched Oliver explode with laughter.
What was previously a horrible, no-good day was turned completely around in an hour and a half, all thanks to the man who came home. He could have rightfully slumped in front of the TV, lamenting the fact that we all got about 5 hrs of sleep last night. The choice that he made to be engaged cheerfully with three little boys who desperately needed his love was inspiring to me. A little thing yes, but it gave me hope that more little choices like that on my part will bring more happiness to my life.
I didn't get a video of Oliver laughing, but here , here, and here are my favorite videos of giggling babies for you to enjoy. Try to watch them without laughing - I double dare you. Have a lovely evening!