Monday, March 16, 2009

In lieu of flowers

Chaddy and I got into a little tiff last week. Chad did something that really ticked me off, and he was clearly in the wrong. In case you are imagining something really juicy, I'll just let you know that it had to to with his 401K and a Roth IRA....so no, not juicy at all. This is as exciting as it gets around here, folks.



After Chad admitted that he was wrong and apologized, I told him that I still wasn't happy. In our almost eight years of marriage, I have never gotten an "I'm sorry" gift - never once some flowers or candy to smooth things over, like the fellows do on TV. I told Chad that, this time, I expected some sort of token to show his remorse. He replied that he would see what he could come up with, and I played it real icy cool in the meantime.



At around 9 o'clock on Friday night, we were watching Hell's Kitchen together (I told you things were exciting around here - you donkey) and it brought on an intense hamburger craving. My moaning and groaning over the craving was interrupted by the sound of the baby fussing upstairs. I left to comfort Oliver and when I came back down Chad was nowhere in sight. The van was gone too.


He came back ten minutes later, with his token of remorse in hand-




A Five Guys burger, a greasy bag full of fries, and a Chick-Fil-A shake.



I really think it was the most delicious meal I have ever eaten.



Chad was officially forgiven.



Boy does that boy know me.