Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why I can be excited about a snowy evening

Well, I got some snow-bashers on my Tonight post, and let me just say, I hear ya. I understand. But dear sisters, please let me demostrate why, here in Charlotte, we can be so excited about snow.

It snowed Sunday night and Monday morning. The next two days were cold and sunny. This was my front lawn on Tuesday.

But we did not despair because we knew what was in store......

Just three short days later...

....and this was my front lawn! It was 75 degrees outside today. Let me tell you, my boys did not need those long sleeves they had on!

Oliver felt grass for the first time in his life. He seemed to like it, but still can't manage to open his eyes all the way when he is outdoors. So much sunshine!

Us non-sickies had a good time outside while Chad and Gabe stewed in the cave. Chad's fever broke today, so it looks like he is slowly on the mend and Gabe doesn't seem to have nearly as bad a case as Chad.